Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Ike's Heart

As anyone who follows my Twitter or Facebook probably knows by now, I'm trying to raise money to help my little buggy-buddy Ike get treatment for his heart condition. We're not even sure exactly what's wrong yet, although unfortunately it is looking like congestive heart failure. His coughing has been getting worse every week, which is the result of his heart pumping out too much blood when he becomes excited, and the blood backing up into his lungs. Because of all of the bills, the rent, student loan payments, etc. in my life, I haven't been able to save up for the treatments that Ike needs to determine what medicines will be able to help him (if that's even an option), so I started a fundraiser on Fundly.com





I had no idea that my friends, family, and even some complete strangers, would rally around Ike in the way that they have. It's only the first day of the fundraiser, and we are already nearly halfway to our goal for his treatment. This is almost unbelievable to me, and I can't thank all of you enough. From the absolute depths of my heart, and from Ike's little heart too -- THANK YOU!

I'll be making the first appointment for him as soon as tomorrow, and hopefully that will put us well on our way to finding out what exactly is wrong, and what we can do to help him and keep him around as long as possible. I love this little guy with all of my heart, and I just can't imagine life without him. Thank you so much to all of you who are making it possible for me to keep my buggy-buddy happy and healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment