Sunday, May 8, 2011

What I'm Eating... Friday Night Date Night, Pizza & Beer

Can you believe... my Dad used to own a pizzeria, I'm Italian, and I had never been on a date to eat pizza and drink beer?  Well, my 'fella changed that story, and I'm so glad he did!

After a long walk that became a little too long, we dropped into Giordano's in Wrigleyville for just that -- mozzarella sticks, beer, pizza, and the Bull's game.

Mmm... mozzarella sticks!
This is my 'fella's artistic vision for the cheese stick...


Wondering where the pictures of beer and pizza are?  Well, after two beers, and waiting for that delicious cheesy pie to get to our table, I was more concerned with eating than I was with taking pictures...  I was also a little tipsy, and just way too into my food to care -- oops!

6 comments:

  1. Your dad owned a pizzeria! So, do you know how to toss those pies in the air and catch them? Always wanted to learn that trick ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I DO know how to do that, but I didn't learn from my Dad, I just taught myself (which is probably why I'm not very good at it). It takes a lot of practice, and at least as much blind confidence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to find your blog Vanessa. Doreen (Style Maniac) told me about it (I'm also one of the fouding blogstresses).

    MMMMMM this pizza, beer & mozzarella sticks post is making me hungry -- in fact, I CRAVE red sauce at least once a week!

    Nice to connect :)
    ~ Lee

    p.s. plz see my blog (madnessmomandme.com) about my kooky NJ Italian family - funny and a bit irreverent at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa, I'm also a founding Blogstress and wanted to welcome you to the network.
    Love food blogs with mouthwatering photos!

    Could I make a small suggestion? I know it seems very forward on my first visit, but I have to say this. You may want to make your comment link larger and a darker color. I had a time trying to find it so I could comment. And I will be back to check out your recipes and throw in my 2 cents as often as I can.

    Thanks for making me hungry!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to work on that, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and Lee, I'll check out your blog, too! Three cheers for crazy Italian families! :)

    ReplyDelete