Saturday, May 21, 2011

What I'm Eating... Third Week of May

Work lunches remain mostly uninteresting... it's so difficult to be creative when I work just a few steps from Wrigleyville Dogs!

How funny is the bag my fries came in?
Cheeseburger & fries, Wrigleyville Dogs
I love these Dr. McDougall's soups!  My favorite is the Split Pea soup.

I made salt & pepper tofu, but it wasn't as crispy as I like it -- probably because I couldn't find my favorite Chicago-made tofu at the Asian market, and ended up buying some mainstream brand that was a little mushy for my taste.
Salt & Pepper Tofu, homemade
This put me on a little bit of a tofu kick, and the next night I made it with yellow curry sauce.
Yellow curry tofu with rice, homemade
It made for great leftovers when I added steamed broccoli!
Yellow curry tofu & broccoli, with rice

All of the cold, rainy weather put me in the mood for a chai latte, and when I saw this gorgeous little whoopie pie, I couldn't resist!
Red Velvet Whoopie Pie, Starbucks
The curry trend continued, with curry chicken & yoghurt over rice, and mushrooms sauteed with butter.
Curry chicken with yoghurt over rice, homemade
Mushrooms sauteed in butter, homemade

My 'fella made me a wonderful breakfast one morning -- eggs, bacon, and pancakes with molasses.
Bacon & eggs, homemade
Pancakes, homemade
Yesterday my 'fella and I went on a Groupon-ing adventure ($1 Groupons!).  We hit 7-11 first, so he could pick up snacks and a Vitamin Water for me.  Then it was off to Ian's Pizza, which pretty much blew my mind -- mac & cheese pizza!!
Mac & Cheese Pizza; Sausage & Peppers, Ian's Pizza
Then we went to Yogen Fruz, yum!!
Green Tea Lychee frozen yoghurt with almonds, Yogen Fruz
Then it was even MORE pizza at La Gondola, most of which we took home for leftovers.
Sausage, mushroom & peppers pizza, La Gondola

No comments:

Post a Comment