Monday, March 5, 2012

Cupcake Heaven



My sweet little recipe boxes from Fab.com arrived today -- Small Bites, and Cupcakes.  I was eager to dive right in, but a little nervous, because baking just isn't my thing.  Ask my boyfriend how those "ready to bake" cookies turned out the other day... ugh.  But I was determined, absolutely set on making my cupcakes and frosting from scratch.  Birds & blokes, I was not disappointed.


I sprinkled a little bit of orange ginger sugar on the "taste testers" -- heavenly, just perfect and delicious and fantastic and incredible.

I won't kid you, these were not easy to prepare.  I've never made cupcakes from scratch, but aside from accidentally using 4 eggs instead of the called-for 2, I did alright.  But the frosting?  That is a true exercise in patience. And, arm strength.  But it paid me back ten-fold in the end, with the most delicious cupcakes in the world.  I'll post the recipe soon, but until then, drool in envy at the sight of my gorgeous creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment