Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Comfort Food in (un)Comfortable Weather

I guess it all depends on what you're into, or maybe where you have to go and how you have to get there... but I happen to love a good rainy day.  Yesterday was gloriously rainy, today is cloudy and drizzly, and I feel so very lucky to be able to work from home, and spend a little time just being cozy.  I started off the morning with some of Starbucks' new hot cocoa mix.


This stuff is awesome.  At first, I was all "hell no, I'm not spending $6 on a box of hot chocolate mix..." but realizing it was the only vegan-friendly cocoa on the shelf, I decided I didn't really have a choice.  I am SO glad I tried it!  It's well worth the $6, and if you mix it up with hot Coconut Dream, you have quite the decadent drink in your hands -- warm, creamy, rich & chocolatey -- so comforting.

My other comfort food is soup.  Unfortunately (for me) my boyfriend doesn't share this sentiment.  Unfortunately (for him) I'm going to make soup, anyway.  This one from Post Punk Kitchen looks like it will fit the bill.

Find the recipe here!

I love kale, I love chickpeas, I don't think there's any way this could go wrong.  We always called them garbanzo beans... there isn't a difference, is there?

I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy out there!  We're supposed to get some snow or ice here in Chicago.  It's difficult to really believe that though, going from a 60-degree day to snow... but hey, that's Chicago for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment