Thursday, January 3, 2013

How time flies

I didn't even really think about it until I put that photo collage together yesterday, but I've really only been seriously running my Etsy shop for a year.  I had sold some photographs and vintage pieces before, but I made and sold my first resin necklace in January 2012... it's crazy to think about how much things have changed since then!

My very first pendant.
On that note, I'm trying to put forth the maximum amount of effort in creating new pieces this year.  My first project is going to be for Valentine's Day -- sweet little hearts & arrows necklaces.  I've got a cool idea for some rings, too, but that's going to take some experimentation.  I hope they work out though, because in my mind they are super-awesome.

I'm really looking forward to this year, to see how much more things will grow, and how much more independent I will be able to become.  Seriously, who would have thought, last year at this time I was shopping on Fab.com, and then last month I was selling on Fab.com -- I'm not one to get too excited (that is to say, I tend towards pessimism, let's be honest), but I really believe in myself right now, and I think as long as my work continues to grow, I just may have one of those "the sky is the limit" stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment