Monday, September 15, 2014

The Good News O-the-Day

Just when I was starting to think of Facebook, again, as useless for anything more than chat, this lil' nugget popped up while I was at work...


...and just like that, it turns out I will get to go "home" this year, and see my Momma and my Daddy, and my sister and her kids, and my friends, and the Blue Ridge Mountains, and the James River, and the TREES, and the wide open spaces, and the museums in DC, and the best ever chile rellenos at the Guad, and the red dirt, and that little log cabin house on the side of Route 29, and the Downtown Mall, and the Super Walmart (it's a spectacle, believe me).

This is gonna happen...
...and this glorious remnant of my childhood...
...and I'll probably get to drive past this place.
I don't know if y'all realize how redneck it's going to get up in here, but this country girl is ready to rock.

Yeah, like chillin' out on haystacks and sniffin' daisies,
and hangin' out on rocks and stuff.
Right now I'm just too excited to think clearly, which is why I'm instead jumping around like a 5-year-old hopped up on too much soda and cake. It's one thing when I've planned a trip for months and months, but this was such a last-minute surprise, and it's going to be a whirlwind tour, but I'm SO EXCITED I can hardly stand it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment