Monday, February 7, 2011

What I'm Eating... Guacamole (Superbowl Recipes)

I don't have any pictures of this one, because we were too busy eating it (and watching the game), but I think its worth sharing!  I actually found it in the back of a Whole Foods coupon book, so we have them to thank for it!

Green Pea Guacamole

1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro
1 16 oz. bag frozen green peas, thawed; or, 1 15 oz. can, drained
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped roughly
4 green onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic
4-6 tbsp. lime juice (I used the juice of two limes)

Set aside 1 tbsp. cilantro, and then transfer remaining to a food processor.  Add remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.  Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with reserved cilantro and serve.

(I also added in a little spicy salsa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment