Friday, April 8, 2011

What I'm Eating... More Ballpark Food

I've got to tell you, this is by no means fabulous haute cuisine, but when you've been working for hours straight, days straight, the luxury of sitting down to eat anything is pretty incredible.  That aside... I have pretty cheap taste, sometimes, and I think a hot dog or a grilled cheese sandwich is sometimes the greatest thing on earth.  Okay, so another roundup of hastily consumed meals...

First things first, we now have D'Agostino's Pizza at Wrigley Field.  A HUGE improvement over Connie's from previous seasons, this pizza is so surprisingly good and cheesy.  If you're at the park, I promise it's worth the $6.50!

The fruit cup is new, and pretty good, I think it's going to be a huge hit in the Summer.  Also, chicken tenders never fail to disappoint.  :)



A co-worker grabbed this mac & cheese from Sheffield's (in the park, just east of the home plate gift shops), and it was awesome!  It had artichoke hearts in it!


The one night I actually managed to make a suitable dinner -- Polish with tomatoes, onions, and green peppers.


So... have you ever had grilled cheese with pickles on it?  I promise you will love it (as long as you love pickles, that is).  Bernie's hooked me up with this mega-lunch -- grilled cheese w/ pickles, tomatoes, and bacon, and fries -- for only $4.  Seriously.  And, there were more pickles on the side.  Yup.



Thursday morning, I was so thrilled that a whole bag of cotton candy was waiting for me at my desk.  Winning!  (Another healthy breakfast, I'm sure.)


Okay, so it's my first day off in... eleven days?  So far I've spent it luxuriously smoking cigarettes in my luxurious bath, drinking coffee with cream & sugar (stepping it up!), talking to my friends and my sister on the phone in the bathtub (many things can be accomplished from the bathtub, apparently), and now I'm working on deviled eggs with horseradish...  It's so nice to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment