Friday, April 8, 2011

What I'm Eating... Deviled Eggs w/ Horseradish

Wow... I just ate like six of these things...  Seriously, best deviled eggs, ever.

Decorate, Eat & Repeat

It's your basic deviled eggs recipe (six eggs, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, paprika, salt & black pepper), but with a tablespoon of creamy horseradish mixed in.  If you don't like horseradish, of course, this isn't for you, but lately I'm obsessed with the stuff.

Have I ever mentioned my chicken "thing"?  Well... I have a "thing" for chickens.  I had them as pets (and egg-providers, and occasionally roast-providers) when I was growing up in Nelson Co., and because I can't keep them in my apartment (although I can keep them in the city if I have a yard!), I just collect anything with chickens on it.

Yesterday, a box arrived from my Momma, and this lovely dish was inside.

Decorate, Eat & Repeat

It was one of my favorite things when I was a kid, and I love it even more, now.  So... thanks, Momma!  It's being put to good use!

You can't tell with the eggs in there, but its set up with little egg-shaped spots for just that purpose, holding deviled eggs.  I'm not 100% sure what the middle is for... napkins?  Dip for crackers?  I don't know... but it makes me want to have a Tupperware party.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you like it Nessa :-) I sorta knew you would! The middle can be used for a dip, for olives to go with your deviled eggs, for crackers, or even for flowers :-)

    Your deviled eggs look delicious!
    Love you,
    Momma XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I've always loved making deviled eggs, and it was so cool to have the chicken platter here for them. :)

    ReplyDelete