Sunday, February 12, 2012

Small Improvements

It's felt like a really long weekend.  We did go to Ikea on Friday, but I have to say I wouldn't recommend anyone else doing it the way we did -- in a snowstorm, without a car.  We took public transportation to get there, which usually isn't a big deal, but the two or three blocks we had to walk from the bus stop to the store felt more like two or three miles in the freezing temperatures and swirling snow.  Needless to say, the blue and yellow of Ikea's entrance beckoned to me like the gateway to paradise.

We ended up just getting a few things for around the house, & built the shelves ourselves on Saturday (well, Dave did, I just sat on the couch telling him if things looked level from where I was).

Ta-da!  Shelves over my desk/craft area!




I'm still in the process of finding the best places for everything, but it's a great start!  :)  It's such a relief to have the actual space of my desk open to work on.


I have a few pendants hanging on the cork board, & I just got some more frames & maps in the mail, so I'm pretty sure I'll spend Monday working on them.




I got frames for these CTA maps (previously they were just nailed into the wall, not cute).  I think they look pretty nice, now!


This whole area behind the couch is still "under construction".  I thought I would be building more shelves back there, for my books, but I'm not 100% sure yet...

Tonight I have a Yelp Elite event (yay!), and then I'm excited to watch Adele perform on the Grammys... I hope y'all had a fun weekend, and stayed warm!

6 comments:

  1. I love all the colorful throw pillows on your couch! The office space is looking nice too :)
    Tiffany
    thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There is definitely a lot of color going on there, I just can't resist a pretty pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to ikea this weekend too! I am down to go again soon if you want to go back, I love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brooke, let me know ANY time you're going, I would love to tag along! I just adore Ikea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green storage boxes! I'm going to have to pick some up for my new work space too!

    http://www.the-clothes-minded.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica -- they are super inexpensive, too! I have a pair of orange boxes as well (all from Ikea), and they have proven to be useful for years.

    ReplyDelete