Saturday, April 30, 2011

What I Ate... Fifth Week of April

A week or so ago, my 'fella and I finally visited Trader Joe's to pick up easy frozen things that I don't feel tremendously guilty about eating.  Somehow, a frozen quiche from TJ's feels much better than a frozen pizza, or, goodness no, a Hungry Man dinner!

Trader Joe's broccoli & cheddar quiche
Of course, I have the worst time resisting the urge to order in (I'm so tired, and consequently lazy, after work), so we had at least one night of outstanding Vietnamese food from Hai Yen.

Spring rolls with grilled beef
Lime sauce (with spring rolls)
Salt & pepper shrimp, scallops and squid
I often visit Wrigleyville Dogs for lunch, but for the first time, I tried their gyros sandwich.  I couldn't believe how good it was!  Kind of embarrassing trying to eat it nicely with my co-workers looking on, though.  :)

Gyros with everything; fries
On game nights, when its nice enough to eat outside, I still don't think anything beats Bernie's grilled cheese (add bacon and pickles).  Its even better with tater-tots, but sometimes they forget, and give me fries instead.  It's okay, the fact that they'll grill pickles on my sandwich without making a deal about it, and then give me extra pickles on the side, keeps me happy!

Bernie's grilled cheese with bacon and pickles; fries
I was craving seafood (again!) the other night, so while my 'fella baked some chicken, I beheaded shrimp, and fried them up with butter, garlic, lemon juice, fleur de sel, and parsley.

Shrimp in butter, lemon juice, garlic, fleur de sel, and parsley; egg noodles
I did most of my Royal Wedding celebration by myself, but we did enjoy some version of fish and chips for dinner Thursday night.

Battered fish, fried potatoes with salt
And, because I'm so happy about my new ring (there's a long story, there, about me being engaged to myself, but I'll save it for now) -- this arrived Friday afternoon!

Yay!
It's a rough diamond, conflict-free, set in gold, with a hammered and oxidized silver band.  Yes, I'm quite in love... with myself.  ;)

Lady Olivia is lording over my computer time... I think she wants some attention!

Cutest kitty ever...
Everyone, have a nice weekend!!  So far its a little windy here, but I hear its supposed to hit 70-degrees?? Well, if it doesn't, there's always Jellies at the Shedd Aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment