Thursday, October 18, 2012

Home Office Dress Code

After eight months of being told what was work appropriate (khakis, button down shirts, boxy black shoes) and what wasn't (bright colors, anything fun, boots), I'll be setting my own work dress code now.

It looks a little something like this.

Chicken-themed necklaces are encouraged.

Oversized tshirts with fascinating photos -- yes!

Wear the most ridiculous, attention grabbing pants you can find.  Also, they can be as skinny as they want to be, because I said so.

Cold?  Throw on a bright orange hoodie that doesn't match anything you're wearing.

Cowboy boots are not only welcomed, they're encouraged!
The more attention it draws to myself, the more bright and patterned and fun it is, and the less it matches anything else I'm wearing, the better!

I like making the rules.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Haha, thank you! Mine was pajamas for the first few days, until I realized that I had an opportunity to wear whatever crazy outfit I wanted (a real point of contention at my 9-5).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually in my pjs like Style Maniac. But I do sometimes feel a little more focused when I actually put on clothes. lol. Oh, and thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I can't seem to find the follow or join this site button on your blog. I want to return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, it makes you feel a little more... serious? Well, I can't really say that my outfit was serious, but I suppose you know what I mean. ;)

      I think Blogger took away the follow buttons! What I do now is go to the list of blogs I follow (my dashboard), click on "add" and then put in the actual web address of the blogs I want to follow. Mine is thebigcitybumpkin.blogspot.com I don't know WHY they made it so difficult and labor intensive.

      Delete