Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Vegan BLT

Da-amn... this was one helluva sandwich...


This is the kind of sandwich that has me saying "ommmmffffgggg mmmmph".  You can translate that as you will.  Finger lickin' good.  Crave-worthy.

It isn't really a B LT sandwich as much as it is a TB A LT sandwich (tempeh bacon, avocado, lettuce, and tomato).  Positively slathered with vegan mago.  Generously sprinkled with salt and pepper.  Layered perfectly between toasted slices of sourdough bread.

Make one as soon as you possibly can, and your tummy will thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I might have give tempeh bacon a try. And I love avocados on almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, when I tasted the tempeh by itself, I was skeptical... but that's the thing I've noticed with a lot of these vegan meat replacers -- once you combine them with the other ingredients, some kind of magic happens!

      Delete