Saturday, December 22, 2012

Festa Dei Sette Pesci

Is everyone else looking forward to the upcoming (be here sooner than you know it) holidays?  In our home, the big one comes on Xmas Eve, the Italian tradition of festa dei sette pesci -- the feast of seven fishes.  As long as I can remember, and long before I was even born, my family has made a fish stew, and believe you me, this is a thing of wonder.  It's a red sauce based stew, with any variety of seven different types of seafood, my favorites being shrimp, clams, mussels, squid, scallops, whitefish, and crab or lobster.  I look forward to this meal every year!  I thought Dave would be a little apprehensive about it (he's not exactly an adventurous eater), but it turns out he loves it too, thank goodness.

Letter pressed holiday cards from Philadelphia and Sons on Etsy
After the very hectic week I've had, I'm excited to relax for a few days, make the stew, drink some wine, eat some buttered bread... ah yes, the holidays.

Oh, and while we're here -- my sale will still be up on Fab.com today and tomorrow, so stop by and check it out! If you haven't joined Fab yet, stop by my Facebook page to grab one of the invites I've posted.

the Big City Bumpkin on Fab.com

I hope all of you birds & blokes are enjoying some time off with friends and family, and wading knee-deep in traditions both sentimental and silly!

1 comment:

  1. Those cards are adorable! Happy holidays!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete