Friday, March 15, 2013

The time has come, the walrus said...


Can't wait to post this: This post has been on my MacBook for a few days, just waiting to post.  The power of positive thinking, people!!

I've been waiting for what feels like forever, but realistically has only been two weeks, to say this -- I'm excited to announce that I will soon be part of the great community of creators in the Flat Iron Arts Building in Wicker Park!!

That means I will be opening the doors to my studio for the First Friday events, and will also have open office hours for anyone to come meet me, visit me in my studio, see how I work, and purchase items on the spot.  I'm also looking forward to hopefully starting some sort of "social club" where other artists in the Chicago area can gather, talk about their art, discuss marketing and all of those un-fun aspects of creating that need to be talked about (and get tips from others), and drink lemonade and eat berry pies on my couch.

But before I get carried away on all of these ideas, big and small, I need to go do a happy dance!  An extended, arm-flapping, foot-stomping, twirling happy dance!

The main living area, with the studio space to the left (through the French doors).

Those are our windows!!
My absolutely amazing new building.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing a happy dance for you!! Hurray!! :-) I can't wait to come and visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Momma! When you visit, we can dance together, hehe

      Delete