Monday, May 6, 2013

First Friday Recap


First Friday with our first featured artist went so well!  Caleb and Emily were a pleasure to talk to and hang out with for the night, and I hope we'll get a chance to do it again!



Despite the inclement weather, our feature artist Caleb had SO many friends and supporters show up!  It's great to see that kind of thing, and I loved watching him talk excitedly about his work with his admirers.




He brought my FAVORITE piece, and I'm so happy to say that I was able to purchase it, and it's now hanging on my wall.  I asked Dave to pick his favorite, and thank goodness, we agreed on this one.


I also selected two prints, and honestly, if I'd had my way (or the money to do it), I probably would have purchased nearly everything he had.  I love Caleb's work, but more than anything I love that it comes from a really pure place.  Caleb isn't in it for the money, it's a truly organic creation process for him, and hearing him talk about his work really shows how much he puts into everything he does.

Thanks again, Caleb (and Emily!) for sharing your work, and I hope we can do it again in the near future!

You can find Caleb's work on Etsy: Caleb Rocha

You can also find Emily on Etsy: Emily Purpura

No comments:

Post a Comment