Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring Break, My Foot!

No, really, my foot. My feet -- both of them -- are tired. My dogs are barkin', figuratively and literally. I decided to take on a project through Taskrabbit to get a quick stack of cash, and it's turned into so much more than just a little project. I've probably walked 40 miles across this city in the last two weeks! It's the reason I've been quite absent, on here and on Facebook and on Etsy, and on all of the platform I'm usually so active. I plan to be done with the project by Tuesday next week, but until then I might still be a little scarce.

However, I do have things in the works. I've got another sale on GroopDealz -- you'll be able to purchase many of my City Map Necklaces for only $13.99 starting Sunday April 20th!

I've still got many of my pieces available at Paperish Mess here in Chicago, including the ever-popular MLB Game Used Baseball Pendants, Earrings, and Cuff Links. This wonderful little shop is full of treasures from artists around Chicago, and it's well worth a visit if you're wandering around Chicago Ave. on a relatively warm Spring day.

I'll be a vendor at my first Randolph Street Market of the season on April 26th and 27th -- this is the best place in the city to see tons of amazing vintage pieces, and the Indie Market (where I'm stationed) is a real treat, too. So many things you didn't know you needed (but you do).

We're going to be hosting another Orange Dot First Friday at the Flat Iron Arts Building (studio 215!) on May 2nd, and as far as I know, Atom Basham will still have his fabulous paintings here for viewing and for sale, and now he has prints available! Get ready to part with your paycheck, because once you see them in person you won't want to leave without taking something of his home. There are temporary mural paintings going up in the hallways as I write this, and it's very much a "now you see it, now you don't" sort of thing, so see it while you can.

You can view all of my show/market updates on theBigCityBumpkin.com

So until then, I'm going to make myself a faux-chicken sandwich, and watch the Brady Bunch. See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment