Monday, April 21, 2014

Workin' Girl

As much as I would love to say that the jewelry business has put me into a higher tax bracket over the last few years, that just isn't reality (or at least not my reality). I've got two expensive dogs, one moderately priced studio, and a bad, bad expensive cigarette habit, so the time has come -- I got a real job.

Before you think this means I'm dropping the mic on the jewelry thing, I'm not. This is just a little something to sustain me during the dry spells and artists blocks. A little guarantee that I'll be getting a certain amount every month, so I can relax a little bit, and go back to enjoying making and selling jewelry, without the enormous weight of the vet bills and the once in a while coffees and the car repairs breaking my shoulders.

I'll be working at Ragstock in Wicker Park, which happens to be a store I shop in all the time anyway, and I think it's going to be a blast. I'm starting on Friday, and I'm so hyped about it!  That's the cool thing about a part-time gig -- you can have a little fun with it.

Ragstock - Wicker Park - Chicago
So yup, working this Friday, and next Monday and Tuesday, and I'm super-excited about it!

You can also find me this weekend at the Randolph Street Market! So it's about time I get to work on some more baseball pieces, because they have been selling like crazy this week and I'm running low... It's a lot more fun to work next to that huge (drafty) window though, now that it's not freezing outside. Am I right, Chicago? Seriously, we really put in the work this Winter, it's about time we get to enjoy ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page dealership license  DLC Network offer all kind of dealer and brokers licensing solutions including auction license, auto broker’s license, auto dealer license, auto sales license, car sales and car dealer license.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'll have to stop in sometime.

    ReplyDelete