Saturday, November 3, 2012

Crazy Coupon Ladies

(and crazy coupon gentlemen)


Have you ever tried couponing?  I think those of us who live in Chicago (and most major cities) are at a disadvantage, because we'll never see those Double Coupon Day deals.  Must be a special small town thing.  But certainly, there's a way to get some pretty good deals in the Chicago area, no?

Ike is "helping", and by "helping" I mean napping on my coupons.

I did end up coming back with 10 boxes of cereal last night.  Yeah, I said 10.  It wasn't THAT good of a deal, considering all of the non-coupon items Dave wanted to buy, but it worked out okay, and I'll be eating Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch for weeks.  I probably paid about $2/5 boxes of cereal, after all of the other deals I had to work out.

This is probably a great hobby for someone with superior math skills (which I don't have), and limitless patience (which I also don't have), but it's kind of fun to dabble, especially when I can score 10 boxes of sugary cereal for like $4!

No comments:

Post a Comment